Outreach service is a personalized approach to seeking out older persons, identifying their service needs, and motivating, as well as assisting them to access available services. Outreach services are provided in a variety of ways, including referrals from other agencies or individuals. The primary location where outreach service is provided is in the client’s home. The outreach staff are knowledgeable about services that are available through South Central Adult Services, as well as those provided by other agencies.
Outreach links persons to services and acts as an advocate for the client. This is done by meeting with the client and determining the client’s needs and then assisting the client in obtaining these services. Examples of this may be:
1) assisting the client to connect directly with community services and a follow-up on referrals to ensure services have been delivered
2) assisting with the completion of forms necessary to obtain services such as monetary assistance
3) helping the client to resolve any problems with these and other services.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Legal Aid; such as Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and finances and other legal services for the senior citizen
- Social Service Programs; such as applications for Medicaid (including Medicare savings plans), Food Stamps, and Fuel Assistance.
- Property Tax Credit
- Property Tax Credit applications for Senior Citizens 65 and older or disabled persons through Homestead Tax Credit
- Renters’ Refund
- Visual and Hearing assistive devices and information
- (IPAT) for safety equipment – ND Assistive
- Senior Health Insurance counseling
- Assessments to determine client’s service needs and referring persons to that service
- Limited escort services to medical appointments, Social Services or to other appointments, along with shopping assistance
While donations are gladly accepted for any of the services provided by our agency, there is no charge for outreach services and all client information is strictly confidential.
To receive more information and assistance contact the Outreach Services worker Deb Andreasen at 797-3330.