Cook - Napoleon
South Central Adult Services is looking for a part-time or full-time cook for the Napoleon Senior Center.
You will work Tuesday-Thursday each week cooking meals for senior citizens. Training is provided in regard to food safety, developing menus and distributing meals to satellite sites. Wage is DOE. Contact Pat Hansen at 1-800-472-0031 for more information.
DUTIES SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Developing menus consistent with the Title III meal plan;
- Assuring that proper portions of food are being served or packed for distribution to the satellite sites (if appropriate);
- Supervising assistant cooks and volunteer kitchen helpers where appropriate;
- Preparing and cooking the food as necessary;
- Determining and purchasing raw food and supply needs for use in the kitchen;
- Seeing that food is properly put away after each meal;
- Assuring that the kitchen is left clean and orderly at the end of the work day;
- Following established and accepted sanitation and safety procedures during preparation, serving and after-meal clean-up;
- Exercising quality and quantity control in the preparation of meals;
- Submitting bi-monthly menus to the central office for review;
- Maintaining accurate perpetual inventories of raw food and supplies;
- Complying with all Program Policies and Procedures of the agency;
- Attending training sessions as required by the Project Director or the director’s designee.
QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer experience or education in food service activities and the management of food service activities, a reliable work record, and the ability to work with elderly persons.